Every year I see all kinds of crazy challenges floating around the internet, and every year I think that I am going to complete one. The only one I ever end up actually keeping up with or participating in is my Goodreads Challenge. This year I saw a few challenges that actually caught my eye and seem actually achievable.
I have a massive backlog on my TBR. So many books and so little time… I had decided that I was going to read books that I already owned or that have been on my TBR for a long time, and then I saw this challenge, The YA Book Traveler’s Rock My TBR Reading Challenge and I knew this was the one for me.
I want to read 2 books from my TBR pile each month. I would love to do more, but any more than that would just be a bonus.That’d be 24 books off my massive TBR and that’s better than nothing, right?
If I’m honest, I’m wary trying to decide which 24 books I’m going to read from my TBR in 2016. I’m such a picky reader sometimes. But it doesn’t hurt to have a goal, even if I totally disregard it and decide to read other books from my TBR.
I have started and not finished way too many series… There are either too many books or they get lost in the TBR or sometimes I just have to think too hard to remember what happened in the last book and am not in the mood for that. Either way I have quite a few series that I need to finish. Enter the Finishing the Series Reading Challenge, hosted by Bea’s Book Nook, and I have exactly what I need to give me the motivation to wrap some of these up.
I’m shooting for Level 4 in this challenge – which is finishing 7 or more series by December 31, 2016. I would love to finish one a month, but that is probably too many to commit to.
These books have been sitting on my TBR list for a while and some before they were even published. I don’t really like to commit to reading something so far in advance, but I really want to finish some of these. I have one series for each month but time will tell if I am able to complete all of these.
- Welcome to the Point series by Jay Crownover (2 books)
- On Dublin Street series by Samantha Young (3 books and a novella)
- After series by Anna Todd (4 books)
- Neon Dreams series by Caisey Quinn (1 book)
- Wait for You series by J. Lynn/Jennifer Armentrout (3 books, a novella and one new release)
- #Hashtag series by Cambria Hebert (2 books and a novella)
- Castle series by Richard Castle (2 books and one new release)
- Fall and Rise series by Chelsea M Cameron (1 book)
- Frigid by J. Lynn/Jennifer Armentrout (1 book)
- Monsters in the Dark by Pepper Winters (2 books)
- Rusk University series (1 book and a possible new release)
- Surrender Saga by Chelsea M. Cameron (3 books)
I will try to post monthly updates on the challenges as well as my standard Goodreads challenge of 200 books for the year. Any one have any interesting challenges for this year?