This recipe combines two of my favorite foods. I found this at http://afterdinnerdance.com/avocado-mac-n-cheese/ I hope it tastes as good as it looks.
Avocado Mac ‘N Cheese
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta of your choice (I wouldn’t use spaghetti noodles)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, place the avocado, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Whisk in the flour. Then add the milk and stir until well combined. Gradually add in the shredded cheeses until everything is well combined and you have a creamy cheese sauce.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and place it in a large bowl. Add the avocado sauce and stir until well combined. Then add the cheese sauce and stir until well combined again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!