I usually don’t like Spam all that much, but I saw this recipe at http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/hot-hawaiian-burgers-spam-pineapple-swiss-and-sriracha-recipe.html and it looked very tasty. I cannot wait to taste this sandwich.
- 24 ounces freshly ground beef chuck or turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha-style hot sauce
- 4 slices Spam
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, about the same size as a Spam slice
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 English muffins, split
- Divide meat into four even piles and shape into burger patties about 1/2-inch wider than English muffins. Season generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine mayo and sriracha in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place burgers directly over hot side of grill and cook, turning occasionally, until well charred. Top each burger patty with 1 slice cheese, then transfer to a large plate and tent with aluminum foil.
- Place spam and pineapple slices on hot side of grill and cook, turning occasionally, until heated through and well charred. Place 1 slice cheese on top of each Spam patty. Transfer Spam and pineapple to cool side of grill.
- Toast English muffins on grill. Place bottom buns on a cutting board. Top with a slice of pineapple. Add burger patty. Top with SPAM. Top with sriracha mayo, then close burger. Serve immediately.