adapted from afterdinnerdance.com
find the original here http://afterdinnerdance.com/quick-and-delicious-mexican-tortilla-pizzas/
Quick and Delicious Mexican Tortilla Pizzas
- 2 tortillas, burrito sized
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheese (use more or less to taste, I like my cheese!)
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- taco seasoning
- 1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
- 1 can rotel tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Cook ground meat with oil. Drain can of rotel tomatoes and add to meat. Cook over medium heat, adding taco seasoning to taste.
- In the meantime, dice your onion and pepper. Add them to the cooking meat, cooking until softened. Adding more taco seasoning to taste. I add chili powder to give it a little kick as well.
- While the veggies are cooking, chop up your avocado and tomato.
- Also heat up the tortillas on an oiled skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes on each side. This step is optional but it creates a nice and crispy tortilla for the crust!
- When the meat/veggies are done cooking, begin assembling your pizzas. First, spread 1/2 cup of salsa on each tortilla. Then add the meat, onions and peppers. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Then add avocado and tomatoes.
- Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.
- Top with sauce of choice. I like to top it off with some hot sauce.
- Let them cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!