I found this recipe on Zesty Cook and fell in love with this super simple and tasty recipe. I modify mine from the recipe based on what I have on hand, and since I am the only one that likes mushrooms I usually have to leave those out. Find the original here http://zestycook.com/super-simple-stunning-quesadillas/.
- 2 Chicken Breasts ( Boneless – sliced )
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- Sprinkle Red Pepper Flakes
- Shredded Cheese ( cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack)
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees Oven
- Preheat Frying Pan and add the olive oil
- Once ready, add red onion, garlic and red pepper flakes
- Stirring often, cook mixture until onions become translucent – then add the mushrooms
- Continue cooking until mushrooms release their liquid and begin to brown – then add the chicken
- Once the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink – add taco seasoning and water and allow sauce to thicken. Once thickened, then add the spinach and toss through
- Ready to prepare the quesadilla, Lay parchment paper on cookie sheet and place one tortilla on top, Then spoon the mixture on top of the tortilla evenly
- Now Sprinkle cheese over evenly ensuring that you have cheese on the edges to allow the tortillas to stick together.
- Place other tortilla on top and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or so or until cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown. Take out of the oven and serve.