I literally Stumbled Upon this recipe using StumbleUpon and it intrigued me. The original post is from http://spoonforkbacon.com/ it is a great site full of awesome and challenging recipes. Below is the recipe followed by their photos to get a feel about what a baked egg boat is. Please visit here to read the original authors story about these and for some helpful hints about the bread.
Baked Egg Boats
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette until about a 1/2 inch to the bottom. Partially unstuff the baguettes. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs and cream into a mixing bowl and lightly beat together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and lightly season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.