I have been wanting to make a home-made pesto sauce and I found this one that has no dairy so I’m going to attempt this will let you know the results.
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted.
- Gradually mix the pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast, and basil in a food processor, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Another version with sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place basil, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and nuts in an electric food processor or blender. Puree. Add olive oil slowly, and blend slowly until the mixture is to your desired texture.